If you have a moment, could you comment on the introduction of lead by the old masters in heat bodied oil, linseed oil, walnut oil.
1. Specifically, would they have been able to introduce lead into the heat bodied oil from cooking the oil in contact with a piece or pieces of lead? Would this have to be a specific temperature?
2. Could they have added lead to the heat bodied oil by simply squirting a little lead white paint into the pot and at what temperature would this work (meaning combine)?
3. Would there have been a way to introduce lead into a cold temperature flax seed oil that has been cleaned of it's foot?
4. Would they have been able to add lead to a sunthickened linseed oil during the sunthickening process by using lead trays or with simple physical contact with lead sheeting?
5. Any other comments concerning introduction of lead for siccative purposes would be appreciated such as the relative amount of lead to oil to reduce drying times.