Artist Greenbord is a lightweight, multi-purpose quality art board constructed from recycled and biodegradable materials. Available in common sizes from 6×6 to 16×20 inches (15.2×15.2 cmm to 40.6×50.8 cm) and 1/8 inch (3mm) thick.
NOTE: We do not recommend oil paint directly on the Artist Greenbord, due to its construction of cellulose fibers. At least two coats of an acrylic ground should be applied to the board prior to using with oil paint.
"Artist Greenbord is the perfect substrate for so many mediums."
Paula Best, Mix Media Artist, Albuquerque, NM
"I have started to use the Artist Greenbord as one of my decorating surfaces and have found that these panels are excellent for airbrushing, brush painting and pinstripping."
Oscar Mendoza, Air Brush Artist, Huntington Beach, CA
"I love that I can do intricate work on the Artist Greenbord and the ink won't feather out. It's sturdy like a canvas panel but has the texture of a piece of fine paper which is perfect for me."
Haylee McFarland, Pen and Ink Artist, Whittier, CA
"In our encaustic school, we have used thousands of Artist Greenbord panels and have been delighted with the quality of the product."
Judy Stabile, Wax Works West, Encaustic Artist, Corralitos, CA
Lignin is what holds cellulose fibers together in wood, and can also cause degradation of paper products from wood. Artist Greenbord is a Solid Bleached Sulfate (SBS) paperboard, the highest quality and most expensive paper board substrate. It is produced from bleached wood pulp. There is almost no lignin in SBS paperboard. It is removed in the pulping, washing and bleaching process. Although lignin is not measured in the paperboard directly, the degree of delignification by Kappa number and of course pulp brightness is how it is measured and what defines SBS paperboard. Lignin does not reveal itself when measuring lignin on the cellulose fibers in Artists Greenbord using FTIR spectroscopy, so it is less than 1 ppm. Other grades of paperboard, such as unbleached, mechanical pulp, and bleached chemical-thermal-mechanical pulp (BCTMP) grades, have more measurable lignin content.
1. 100% wood pre consumer waste based product (wood chips). Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or& Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources ensures the wood fiber used was harvested from responsible well-managed forests. 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
2. 100% biodegradable and recyclable
3. 3 mm thick
1. Made from natural wood fiber. Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) ;or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified sources ensures the wood fiber used was harvested from responsible well-managed forests. 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
2. Clay coated on one side only. Clay coated side mounted onto the core board. Clay coating minimizes any moisture impact to material.
3. 89 GE Brightness (Engineered for color stability, brightness and consistency)
4. OBA Free (does not contain Optical Brightening Agents). Sunlight or fluorescent light has very little effect on the material.
5. 8.3 pH (alkaline, not acidic)
6. 14 pt. stock
1. Adhesive is a water-based PVA (Polyvinyl Acetate)
4. Not flammable, does not emit harmful fumes.
NOTE: It is the buyer’s responsibility to determine whether the products are suitable for the buyer’s intended end use.
Made is USA
|Processing Time||Usually ships within 24 hours.|