You have no items to compare.
An archival removable varnish, containing UV light stabilizers, for all acrylic and oil paintings. Permanent, non-yellowing, flexible and water-resistant when dry.
Clean brushes with mineral spirits or turpentine. Do no mix with water. To insure desired results, always make a test piece for your particular application and surface.
Acrylic Paintings: Allow to dry thoroughly (3-5 days, depending on thickness of paint). Apply one coat as a permanent isolating varnish. Allow to dry 3 days and wipe surface with a soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits.
Oil Paintings: Allow to dry thoroughly (6-12 months, depending on thickness of paint). Apply one coat as a permanent isolating varnish. Allow to dry 3 days and wipe surface with a soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits.
MSA Gloss and Matte Varnish may be mixed to desired sheen. IMPORTANT: Mix MSA Matte Varnish thoroughly before use with brush handle that touches the bottom. This assures even distribution of the matting agent. Stirring too vigorously or shaking the container will create air bubbles. Apply with a wide flat, soft-hair brush, paint pad or spray. Can be thinned up to 20% with mineral spirits (Stoddard solvent). DO NOT USE ODORLESS THINNERS OR MIX WITH WATER.
Use a clean, soft, lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits or turpentine. Rub gently and repeat process until all varnish is removed. Do not use stronger solvents. Allow to dry and reapply Soluvar Varnish.
WARNING: FLAMMABLE. MAY BE HARMFUL BY BREATHING VAPORS. EYE IRRITANT. OVEREXPOSURE MAY RESULT IN NAUSEA, HEADACHE, CONFUSION OR INSTABILITY. CONTAINS: PETROLEUM DISTILLATES.
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid breathing vapors. Keep away from eyes. Do not store or use near heat or flame. Use exhaust fan to assure adequate cross ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
FIRST AID: If eye irritation occurs, rinse with tap water 5-10 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical care. If swallowed, get prompt medical attention. If symptoms occur, move to fresh air. If symptoms persist, see a physician. For further health information contact a local poison control center or call 800-445-7067.
|GHS09: Flammable||GHS08: Health Hazard||GHS07: Exclamation Mark|
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light
Flammable liquid and vapor.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes serious eye irritation.
May cause genetic defects.
May cause cancer.
May cause respiratory irritation.
May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
Keep out of reach of children.
Read label before use.
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. No smoking.
IF SWALLOWED: Do NOT induce vomiting. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or a physician.
IF ON SKIN (or hair): Immediately take off all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water.
IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER or a physician if you feel unwell.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Conforms to ASTM D4236.